I don't know what kind of magic is in the air, but lately it's been easy to cook for Kian and Ella. Whenever I make dinner they actually eat without throwing fits about the food. And tonight, Kian even said, "This smells good, and tastes good!" And he ate ALL of it! Maybe I should cook dinner every night? Maybe...
I wanted to share the recipe because we all really enjoyed it! And it's pretty darn easy!
Meatballs and Tomato Sauce:
-1 pound of ground beef
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tbs. of minced garlic
- 2 1/2 tbs. of minced onion
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbs. of parsley
- 1 tbs. of Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tbs. of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of fresh tomato (diced)
- 2 tbs. of butter
- 1/4 of 28 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
1) In a small sauce pan, heat the milk. Soak the bread in the milk, turning the slices over to absorb the milk. Place the bread in a large bowl. Add the meat, garlic, onion, eggs, parsley, Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt. Using your hands, mix together the ingredients for about a minute.
2) Using the sauce pan with the remaining milk, add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, butter, and sour cream. If desired, add garlic and onion. Let the sauce heat on low and stir occasionally.
3) Roll the meat mixture from the bowl into 1 1/2 in. balls. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Once the pan is warm enough, add the meatballs. Cook the meatballs on each side until you get your desired color. If you want them to be cooked through without any pink, it should take about 8-10 minutes.
4) Once the meatballs are cooked to your liking, add the sauce and let the meatballs simmer in the sauce for a couple of minutes. Stir occasionally to mix the meatballs and sauce properly.
5) Serve the meatballs over spaghetti or just by themselves. Enjoy!