I would just like to take this moment to express my gratitude toward all the men and women serving our country. I couldn't ever imagine having to fight a war or have a member of my family fighting in war. It amazes me to see these people who are willing to put everything on the line for people they don't even know. That is true courage, and true patriotism. It is my hope that this day we can all remember and think kindly of all those who are serving our country, as well as policeman, fire fighters, doctors, and paramedics, etc. I am so proud and so grateful to live in a country where I am free to believe what I want and worship whomever I want. God bless America.
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Lately, I have been in vacation mode. Mainly, because we aren't going on a family vacation this summer :( But my best friend Cami and I are planning a trip to Colorado Springs for 3 or 4 days, so that gives me a little bit of delight! Anywho, I have been thinking about the places in the world that I would love to visit some day, and these are the places I came up with! They are in no particular order! :)
1. Switzerland. I have ALWAYS wanted to visit Switzerland. It is incredibly beautiful there!
2. Spain. I love the culture of Spain, and I want to test my Spanish skills!
3. New Zealand. Other than walking the trail of Mordor, and climbing Mount Doom, I would love to do some kayaking here! :) haha the Lord of the Rings references were for Cami!
4. Japan. Japan has the most incredible culture, and the scenery is amazing. Not to mention, the food is incredible! :)
5. India. Do I need to say more? BEAUTIFUL.
6. England. I just want to stay in a precious little cottage and eat cucumber sandwiches and drink tea.
7. France. Everyone I know that has visited France says that it was amazing. I want to see for myself! :)
8. Italy. This is the ONE place that I have wanted to visit for a very very long time. I am enamoured with this place.
9. Egypt. So much history, and so much culture.
10. Australia. It is amazing! I love animals and the wildlife there is so incredible!