Thursday, August 19, 2010
This is all so crazy, but I actually feel pretty comfortable! It is SO nice to have a bunch of my good friends up here. I am glad to have my space decorated and looking "homey." My room mate is fabulous and has the same standards as I do. I can't wait to get started with school. It is nice that we moved in today, because now we have a few days to get adjusted and just chill. :) Not really missing anyone yet, but i'm sure I will soon!
Sunday, July 4, 2010
I would just like to take this moment to express my gratitude toward all the men and women serving our country. I couldn't ever imagine having to fight a war or have a member of my family fighting in war. It amazes me to see these people who are willing to put everything on the line for people they don't even know. That is true courage, and true patriotism. It is my hope that this day we can all remember and think kindly of all those who are serving our country, as well as policeman, fire fighters, doctors, and paramedics, etc. I am so proud and so grateful to live in a country where I am free to believe what I want and worship whomever I want. God bless America.
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Lately, I have been in vacation mode. Mainly, because we aren't going on a family vacation this summer :( But my best friend Cami and I are planning a trip to Colorado Springs for 3 or 4 days, so that gives me a little bit of delight! Anywho, I have been thinking about the places in the world that I would love to visit some day, and these are the places I came up with! They are in no particular order! :)
1. Switzerland. I have ALWAYS wanted to visit Switzerland. It is incredibly beautiful there!
2. Spain. I love the culture of Spain, and I want to test my Spanish skills!
3. New Zealand. Other than walking the trail of Mordor, and climbing Mount Doom, I would love to do some kayaking here! :) haha the Lord of the Rings references were for Cami!
4. Japan. Japan has the most incredible culture, and the scenery is amazing. Not to mention, the food is incredible! :)
5. India. Do I need to say more? BEAUTIFUL.
6. England. I just want to stay in a precious little cottage and eat cucumber sandwiches and drink tea.
7. France. Everyone I know that has visited France says that it was amazing. I want to see for myself! :)
8. Italy. This is the ONE place that I have wanted to visit for a very very long time. I am enamoured with this place.
9. Egypt. So much history, and so much culture.
10. Australia. It is amazing! I love animals and the wildlife there is so incredible!
Sunday, May 30, 2010
1. Sarah Jessica Parker: She makes everything look good.
2. Victoria Beckham: She always looks chic, no matter the situation.
3. Rachel Bilson: Let's be honest, the girl knows style.
4. Jennifer Garner: The girl-next-door/hot mama.
5. Nicole Richie: She's got it. period.
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Say what you want about Victoria and David Beckham. As celebrities, they might be a little annoying. Especially Posh. But I have to give her props for being what seems to be a great mom. She has NEVER used a nanny. And in Hollywood that's pretty remarkable. So, as people, I think Posh and David seem to really have their priorities straight :)
Monday, April 12, 2010
Sunday, April 11, 2010
I am completely OBSESSED with this movie! It is so good, and it really makes you think. Think about your relationships with you family, and your friends, and the people around you. I encourage everyone to go see it! And for those of you who don't like Miley Cyrus (I understand), I think you will be pleasently surprised at how well she does in the movie :). GO see it!
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
"Now that the winter’s gone, the earth hath lostHer snow-white robes; and now no more the frostCandies the grass, or casts an icy creamUpon the silver lake or crystal stream:But the warm sun thaws the benumbed earth,And makes it tender; gives a sacred birthTo the dead swallow; wakes in hollow treeThe drowsy cuckoo and the humble-bee.Now do a choir of chirping minstrels bring,In triumph to the world, the youthful spring:The valleys, hills, and woods in rich arrayWelcome the coming of the long’d-for May..." -Thomas Carew