Saturday, March 31, 2012

Antiques galore!

Today my Mom and I went to The Country Market in Parker! It's this extremely cool shop and it's full of antiques and other gifts! I would definitely recommend it! It is very cool. You should check it out! Well, we had been looking around for a out 15 minutes before I found my treasure! I looked at an old antique book case and saw a few old books. One was a Bible, another an antique Webster's Dictionary, and the last...A BOOK PF MORMON! I rushed over and immediately looked inside. It was published in 1920. 1920! How cool is that?! I immediately got all choked up. I have no idea why, but I did. I just thought it was the coolest thing. There was no name written anywhere in the book, so I have no clue who it's previous owner might have been. Which kind of makes it mysterious :)
On the inside was an article from the Denver Post from 1969 talking about the spread of the LDS faith for 138 years. Also inside, was a little pamphlet (not sure how old) entitled "Joseph Smith Tells His Own Story." I couldn't believe my luck in finding such an incredible antique. I am still a bit speechless! here are some pictures of this awesome find!!

1 comment:

  1. Keeley, wow that is awesome. I would have cried. Something to give to your future children.

    ReplyDelete