Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My College experience!!

Eventhough, I only completed 3/4 of my Freshman year, I still have some incredible memories and experiences I would love to share! Starting with my lovely room mate Kaitlyn Lundeby!

The day I got to UNC was exciting and I was so ready to start this new chapter of my life! I had never met my room mate and only found out who she was the night before move in day. I desperately hoped that she would be someone who I could talk to, trust, and have fun with. Luckily, she was all those things and more! God really had a hand in my college experience, and he started with giving me the most incredible room mate I could have ever asked for. We NEVER fought, and that was something we were both proud of! I would always over-hear people talking about their room mate drama and I was so thankful that Kaitlyn and I didn't have any of that! We joked and laughed and didn't complain about eachother. We had the same cleaning habits and interests, and had a blast being in choir together! And although, I always joked that she belonged in a mental institutuion, because of her craziness, the truth is, I probably belong in a mental institution too! :) She was so kind, and so thoughtful, and made me tea when I was sick! I seriously lucked out getting her as a room mate! And I truly miss her everyday!

Memory #2) All the crazy times with Talile and Adel!

Talile and I have known each other since Sophomore year of H.S. and she has always been one of my very best friends! She ended up rooming with Adel and I became good friends with her as well! We would watch movies and t.v. shows and laugh until we cried! I specifically remember watching Meet the Parents, The Hangover, and The Producers! We laughed so hard that night (yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss) haha :) Inside joke! I also remember putting on green face masks at Cami's and pretending we were zombies. And of course, Chili's for T's birthday and all of the crazy night driving in Greeley! I will never forget all the times we went to jazz concerts and when we saw that old drunk man who got us in for free! Tailie and Adel were definitely a big part of my good times at UNC.

Memory #3) UNC choirs!

UNC choirs are incredible. I was so glad to finally be in a choir where I felt EVERYONE was at the same calibur. I will never forget singing "The Messiah" with all of the choirs combined, it was a breath-taking experience! Women's Glee was so much fun and I absolutely loved the music we sang (I finally got to sing Whitacre!). And Women's Jazz was unbelievable! I felt so at home there and Angela was the greatest director anyone of us could have ever asked for! I miss it everyday!

Memory #4) Institute/Church

Gosh, what can I say? It was incredible. I loved all of the people at Church, and I miss them so much! I was able to meet and be friends with so many great missionaries, and other ward members. I had the BEST home teachers who would teach Cami and I over tea parties where we would all speak in British accents! Everyone was so welcoming and I truly miss FHE on Monday nights! The most incredible thing that happened within my church memories was when one of my very best friends, David Kelly got baptized. I have known and loved him since we first met in 6th grade, and to see him accept the gospel will be something I will never forget. The moment he came out in his white baptism clothing I began to cry. I was just so happy.

Memory #5) Cami!

Before I went off to college, the thought of not going to the same school as Cami was both terrifying and horrible! I was so relieved when she decided to go to UNC as well! I can't imagine my college experience without her. We ate almost every MEAL together! :) Being at UNC together made our friendship stronger and we were there for each other when things got a little stressful. She was fully supportive of my decision to leave early if I was sure that it was the right thing for me, and it definitely was. I am so thankful to have her in my life and I will love her forever!

Overall, my college experience was almost PERFECT. I am glad i have chosen to take a break though, and I will be so excited to go back when I am ready. Even though I only completed a semester and a half, I DO NOT regret it. Going to UNC and leaving UNC were some of the best decisions I have ever made!


#6) Micaela and Crystal!
I loved living next door to Micaela, because we would knock on the wall in between our rooms to say hi :) It always made my day! And I will always remember when Micaela let me borrow every season of Friends! And I loved watching it with her! I love her so! And seeing Crystal always made my day! She is the kind of friends that even if I don't see her every day I know that we will be friends FOREVER! I <3 you girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment