Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spontaneous Iowa Trip

My friend Abby texted me at 9 pm on Saturday night and asked me if I wanted to take a road trip to Iowa with her. She was going to meet her parents to watch her old college basketball team play in the NAIA championships. We left early Sunday morning and it took us 12 hours to get to Iowa. It was only supposed to take about 9 hours to get there, but there was some snow and when we got to Nebraska, they shut down I-80! So we had to take a different way through 30 and because of the blowing snow, it took us a while! When we finally got to Iowa we got all of our stuff into the hotel and chatted with some parents of the girl's on the team. They were all SO NICE. I had such a great time getting to know them. We stayed in a great hotel that was super cozy. I wanted to stay there for the whole week!

We watched the girls of the Davenport team practice and then play for a spot in the championships. It was really fun and they won! It was cool to see all the family and friends there get so excited.

When they played the next day in the championship game, they lost, unfortunately. But it was still a lot of fun! They had a great season!
After the game, Abby and I drove back to Denver through the night. It was so hard to stay awake, but I took a huge nap when I got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment