Friday, January 11, 2013

A year without you

A year without you
I can't believe that it's been an entire year already since Shawn passed. I know that it has been a while, but it doesn't feel like a year. It doesn't feel like he has been gone for this long. Even though I looked at his sweet body at his viewing, I still expect to see him around the corner or run into him somewhere. I wonder if that will ever go away? It's kind of nice, actually. It's comforting in a way. To think about him being near, because I'm sure he is. It still feels unbelievable some times. That a close friend of mine, only 20 years old, could die. That his future on earth was gone. But luckily for me, I have a knowledge of the plan of salvation. And I know that he will be reunited with his family and that it will be the most joyous moment for them. I know that I will have the gift of being able to see him again as well, and that is amazing. What a remarkable God and Savior we have. And I know that Shawn is with his loved ones that have already passed and that he is watching over all of us and is more than okay. But I miss him. The knowledge that I have doesn't take the sadness away completely, but it does help to soften it. I love you, Shawn. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment